We started off by taking measurements for our top - I haven't really taken full measurements of my top half before so it was useful to see how to do this.
Following instructions given, I started to build a pattern for my toile. I couldn't quite see it forming up, but I could follow the instructions well, and once it was cut out I could really see how it was going to come together. (Also - how great is the colour of my calculator!?)
We also learnt how to make a fuller bust adjustment - this was probably the thing I found most useful on this course. I have been slightly nervous to try patterns and adjust them, and I know my bust would cause issues. Not anymore! (hopefully!)
We then cut out the patterns and sewed them together into a toile. There wasn't enough Calico, so I ended up using some curtain lining. Some of my darts ended up looking very pointy (and not in a flattering way!). I had never sewn darts before, and I'm pretty chuffed how they worked out - although I need to follow the line a little more! I now also know(ish) how to move darts in a pattern!
Overall, it was a great course. I don't think I'll be confident to make my own pattern, but I may be confident enough to adjust a pattern to a fuller bust. Watch this space...